Friday, July 14, 2006

Indigo Fat Book Page



Have completed my first page for the colour Indigo tonight. Quite a challenge that colour. It's a cross between a purple and a blue. It's my first time ever working with this colour, so I hope I've pulled it off successfully. Have attached it on left.

Background is a cross between a Misty Mawn and a Natalie Briney technique. Bird figure is loosely taken from a Karen Michel technique.

I like the way Karen uses real eyes from magazine pages and I thought I would give it a try.

I was very tempted to stick a crown on my birds head (I'm into crowns & wings like a lot of others at the moment), but did not cave into temptation and now upon reflection and looking at the scan I think it does look better without one.

If I wasn't sticking to a certain colour, I would have perhaps added a few other embellishments, but I like the simplicity of this piece. 9 more pages to go.

August's colour is Violet and as yet I have no idea what I will do.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Nat

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Nat! I think the image of the birdie (gotta love a birdie) works perfectly with the indigo blue theme. You have done such a good job.

    I love the simplicity of this piece.

    Am sure you will come up with a lovely design for August - violet , mmmm...

    Lots of love
    Dotxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dot. A first for me with a few things. Nice to try different/new things (eg Dolls LOL). Natxx

    ReplyDelete