Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sisters

Here is my latest canvas which is an 8'x10' and titled sisters.






I'm not overly happy with the mouths on the girls, but after much mucking around trying to get them 'just so', I decided to leave them as is, otherwise I would have ruined the whole painting. To make my background, I referred to an article from Cloth Paper Scissors written by Kelly Rae on how she does her backgrounds and liked the effects. However saying that, it is a bit like a Misty Mawn type background too... both sensational artists by the way. I love the grungy/textured look of their backgrounds, but I'd like to think that I have added my own little 'stamp' on this background.

This painting is for my sister, as it is her birthday in a few days time. It's not a self portrait by any means, but I have tried to make the girls look a little bit like us with the hair and eye colouring being the same.

The wording on the sister on the right says " Sisters make teh best of friends".

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nat, I think your sister will love this! Its my sisters birthday too soon and I have been tossing around ideas for a canvas for her (very daunting task though).
    Well done to you, I think you have done a superb job!!!

    p.s. when do you start your art classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jacky Nat - I am sure your sister will love this!

    I am enjoying seeing how your art is developing - you are doing amazing work!

    ReplyDelete