Wednesday, March 05, 2014

On Being So Lucky

Ok sing it with me (I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky - in your bestest Kylie Minogue voice now).






No seriously though, I have had a rough couple of weeks at work. Very tired, emotional and being an all round cow to my family and most especially my hubby. I don't deal well with things when I'm tired (and because I've been stressed, I haven't been sleeping well and then because I was tired, I was even more stressed and the cycle continued like this for a few weeks). 

As things have slowed down again to a somewhat normal pace for a few weeks at work, I had the chance to paint again on the weekend (see the post - here about the background making process) and as soon as I started working on it, I knew I wanted to say thank you to my husband for - well - basically in a nutshell, being him. Patient, kind, thoughtful, picking up the slack in the old household chores area, cooking meals, grocery shopping and just generally putting up with me grumping at him, or bursting into tears at random times and then consoling myself afterwards with a bucket load of chocolate. It was not a pretty sight, let me tell you. Even I couldn't stand being around me!!


so just a re-cap of what the background 
looked like when finished



And then most of it got covered over LOL

Titled - So Lucky
24 x 36 inches

Dedicated to my main squeeze.



Some of the yummy texture


and from another angle

As always thank you
for taking the time to 
read my blog 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment